Saturday, October 21, 2006

6 Reasons Why...


The Top Six Reasons Why... The $5.50 meals ($7.90 Thursday & Friday) at the Maroubra Surf Club are better than 2 sausages on bread outside of Bunnings. (As if I would even have to bother)

Carly (or at least the folks at Carly's work) have put it out there, that the crappy 2 sausages on bread you get from the Bunnings carpark on a saturday, are BETTER than the $5.50 local surf club meal.

Here are six reasons (6 not 10, 'cause I could only think of 6) as to why the sausage barbie could never hold a flame to the counter meal at the club.

6. - It's a bit of sausage, and a bit of bread. Common. Seriously.

5. - Entertainment. OK, I will admit, the Bunnings carpark can be entertaining. Especially when some snotty-nosed little shit takes a fall. But there's no consistency. At the club, you know you're going to get a B-Grade (sometimes C-Grade) musical act every night. And it's great.

4. - The crowd. At Bunnings some the most colourful people come out. The bloke who swears black & blue to the missus that he can fix the toilet/sink/washer/supercomputer. He just needs the right tools. But how can that compare to old Charlie, who was at the club before Captain Cook was a Captain. He knows the deal. And if you ever want to know anything about anything in the world of gossip, then you can ask Charlie's wife, Maevis.

3. - The Good Old Aussie Meat Tray. Honestly, I think this point seals the deal. Even if the food was shit (which it's not), the music was terrible (which it is), and the atmosphere was dull (which it sorta is), the meat tray raffle would still carry the Surf Club over the line as a clear winner. It's MEAT! And lots of it. They gave out 4 sides of lamb on Thursday! How can you even start to think that Bunnings could beat that? Are you simple!?

2. - I haven't even mentioned the food at the club yet. And I don't think I have to. The previous 4 points carry it over the line. Sausage and bread Vs. the Chicken Bacon and Tomato melted cheese on top. No contest.

1. - $2.00? For a bit of bread and a snag? Tell 'im he's dreamin'.

3 comments:

Carlz said...

Do I detect a challange! Ah ha!

I think it all depends if you are a better bogan than I, if so... then perhaps I'll conceed that potentially the seals club is better - however I'll not commit to this totally until I've actually visited and tasted the so called 'good' meal!

However, should I end up a better bogan, which I might say I'm gunning for given that I prefer to eat my meals standing up in a car park rather than sitting down with a whole bunch of grannies and grandpa's at a seals club then I win!

Ha, he ha!

Coop said...

Now now Pees, it's not a contest as to which is the BIGGER bogan experience, but which is the BETTER bogan experience.

Now if the contest was about whether the Bunnings car park snag on bread was more bogan than the Maroubra Surf club, then yes, eating a sausage on bread in a car park is more bogan. But that is not to say that the el cheapo meal at the local surf club is not bogan

Now that we have established they are both bogan eating experiences, we can debate which is the better bogan feed. And I think I am backing the hands down winner. =P

Coop said...

I think this competition may actually evolve into a contest to see who can use the word bogan the most in 1 comment and still make sense.

7 is the mark people, do your worst.